Trouvez la liste des dernières versions des navigateurs pris en charge ci-dessous.", 'outdated', 'acf-terms'); ?>
Action Against Hunger has been operating in Afghanistan since 1979. Its very first mission has seen a strong focus on emergency responses, targeting primarily refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, and flood/drought affected populations. Integrated projects in nutrition and health, water, sanitation and hygiene, food security and livelihoods and in mental health and care practices are implemented in 4 provinces. Our work with local partners is essential to gain access to more geographical areas.
In the coming years, ACF will focus on an integrated approach to respond to and prevent humanitarian crises, address vulnerability and reinforce longer-term resilience to food, water and nutritional crises and to improve the resilience of communities.
The security context is overall volatile. Movements and social opportunities are limited for Action Against Hunger expatriates depending on the situation and security rules set by the organisation.
Under the responsibility of the Country Director, the incumbent has the responsibility for ensuring the safety and security of ACF operations in Afghanistan; while leading on the provision of a safe and secure access allowing ACF to be at the cutting edge of the operational implementation.
Your main activities will be to:
• Lead onto the improvement of the Access & Security Department organisational structure, the Mission's risks assessments, the Bases security level indicators and SOPs, through an evidence-based and collaborative approach, and by building on both quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Develop the Mission security management system's adaptability to the political and security contextual dynamics, while enhancing the individual/organisational "security culture"
• Actively support the Field Coordinators in the assessment of ACF acceptance in the Mission's area of interventions, and lead onto the design of the Mission visibility strategy
• Lead onto the definition of the National Humanitarian Access strategy through an evidence-based and collaborative approach, while actively supporting the Field Coordinator in the design of the Local Humanitarian Access strategies
• Efficiently manage the Security team members, by reviewing role & responsibilities, focusing on their career development and building their competences particularly their critical, analytical and writing skills
• Ensure a smooth, timely and effective communication between the Security team, HQ and the Mission staff
You have previous experience in security management in hostile/insecure environment (which is mandatory) as well as experience in security in INGO. You must have expertise in modern access and security practices and global issues affecting the aid sector and have comprehensive knowledge of the Afghan political and security context
You have the ability to adapt to needs between operations and security while maintaining appropriate contextual NGO security advice and coordination.
You have experience working in a multi-cultural environment with comprehensive knowledge of the context and challenges of operating in Afghanistan. You are known for your diplomacy, your capacity to work under pressure and your creativity.
You are a critical thinker; evidence-based approach to humanitarian access, security and safety management
You are known for your analytical skills on security issues (risk/threat assessment, management, awareness, training, etc.) and your reporting skills (incidents, compilation of security, assessments, written reports, etc.).
You have good understanding of the ACF mandate and you will be willing to commit to ACF's aims and principles, as well as commit to ACF's code of conduct.
You are fluent in English (written and spoken) is mandatory and Dari or Pashto will be a plus.
Contract: 6 to 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Conditions for French Contract:
• Monthly gross salary from 2 450 to 2 800 € upon experience
• Per diem and living allowance: 145€ + 238€ net, field paid.
• + 450€ of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
• + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
• + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
• Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
• Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
• 25 days of paid leaves per year.
• + 20 RnR per year.
• + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 8 weeks).
• Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference
• Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
• Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
• Intermission Workshop once a year.
• Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.